ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Taina Pereenniemi is the #1 Notion Certified Consultant in the Nordics. She helps busy coaches and consultants organize their business and team in one place on Notion, so that they can scale without feeling overwhelmed.
The possibilities of Notion for organizing a coaching business are endless. Here I've gathered 100 examples of how to use Notion for your coaching business. Discover tips on ways to use Notion to streamline working with clients, sales, content creation, tasks & projects, knowledge management, collaborations & networking, team management, processes, and CEO-level things.
- Why is Notion a great tool for coaches?
- 100 ideas on how to use Notion to organize your coaching business
- 16 ideas for WORKING WITH CLIENTS
- 18 ideas for SALES
- 11 ideas for CONTENT CREATION
- 12 ideas for TASKS & PROJECTS
- 12 ideas for KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
- 6 ideas for COLLABORATIONS & NETWORKING
- 9 ideas for TEAM MANAGEMENT
- 6 ideas for PROCESSES
- 11 ideas for CEO-LEVEL THINGS
- Learn more: Free Masterclass
Why is Notion a great tool for coaches?
Notion is a great tool for managing a coaching business because it allows for highly customizable organization and productivity. Users can create databases, wikis, calendars, and more, all within a single platform, making it easy to manage client information, sales pipelines, content calendars, and other aspects of a coaching practice. Notion is also highly collaborative, making it easy to work with clients, VAs, team members, and other collaborators. Everything is accessible across desktop and mobile apps. Overall, Notion is a powerful productivity tool for streamlining and optimizing a coaching business's processes.
100 ideas on how to use Notion to organize your coaching business
The possibilities of Notion for organizing a coaching business are endless. Here I've gathered 100 examples of how to use Notion for your coaching business:
16 ideas for WORKING WITH CLIENTS
- Record coaching client information, including contact details, session notes, and journey in your programs.
- Provide clients with client portals where they can easily find all information and resources in one place.
- Manage client onboarding process inside Notion so that no balls are dropped.
- Put together a knowledge base of frequently asked questions and resources for clients.
- Use the calendar view to see an overview of coaching sessions and appointments.
- Monitor life-time revenue of your clients.
- Have a list of upcoming client birthdays to always remember to send your congratulations.
- Build your online course in Notion.
- Gather feedback form responses.
- Save testimonials and other social proof from happy customers.
- Build a habit tracker to help clients build new habits and record their progress.
- Build a resource library for your clients, including ebooks, videos, and podcasts.
- Build a ticketing system, where clients can easily post support requests.
- Have clients fill in templates and surveys directly inside Notion.
- Use templates to formulate custom thank-you notes and follow-up emails for your coaching practice.
18 ideas for SALES
- Visualize your sales pipeline as a Kanban board.
- Get a daily list of people due for following up with.
- Add DM discussion link to each lead so that you can open the conversation with just one click.
- Publish a website that is easy to update.
- Create freebie lead magnets that can easily be shared with leads.
- Publish landing pages for opt-ins, booking discovery calls, etc.
- Document your offers, packages, and pricing.
- Use the gallery view to showcase your work and case studies as a portfolio.
- Define client avatars and personas to help you better understand your target audience.
- Automatically create a sales call record from booked calls.
- Analyze your sales KPI and metrics.
- Craft custom proposals and contracts for your coaching practice.
- Document your coaching practice's past projects and case studies.
- Keep track of your referral program and incentives.
- Build a library of sales call follow up and other email templates.
- Organize all your DM scripts to easily copy and reuse.
- Forecast revenue from your sales pipeline.
- Automatically add people to your lead tracker from other tools.
11 ideas for CONTENT CREATION
- Build a content calendar to plan and schedule your social media posts and blog content.
- Follow the status of each post in collaboration with your social media manager.
- Quickly store content ideas on the go and have them automatically stored in your content library.
- Use Notion AI to automatically repurpose old content for new channels.
- Automatically create content using Notion AI (check my blog post example)
- Use Notion AI to edit and spellcheck all your content.
- Use a calendar view to manage your coaching practice's events and webinars.
- Organize your branding assets, including logos and fonts.
- Log and summarize your social media engagement and analytics.
- Organize all your podcast episodes and guests.
- Organize all your hashtags for different social media platforms.
12 ideas for TASKS & PROJECTS
- Design a weekly plan to keep you on track on what you need to do each day.
- Build a project management system to keep all timelines, tasks, and resources organized.
- Create automatically filtered views to easily see tasks per priority, assignee, deadline, category, etc.
- Get automatic notifications on deadlines and updates.
- Plan and track program or course launches.
- Manage dependencies between tasks, automatically seeing how schedule changes affect other tasks.
- Estimate and plan the capacity of your coaching team week by week.
- Build a dashboard where you can see what each of your team members are working on and the status.
- Use the calendar view to schedule and monitor deadlines.
- Use a template for repeating tasks, such as weekly status reports.
- Centralize project-related communication and updates.
- Get automatic notifications on deadlines and updates.
12 ideas for KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
- Construct a centralized repository for all your documents, notes, and research.
- Use a template for meeting minutes, including assigned action items and due dates.
- Quickly capture and store web bookmarks.
- Quickly capture and store interesting articles you need to read.
- Use tags/labels to easily categorize any document.
- Use the gallery view to showcase visual assets, such as screenshots or design files.
- Build a library of notes you take during online courses and programs.
- List books and articles to recommend to clients.
- Write your own book and track progress with each chapter.
- Document all market research and interviews.
- Automatically distill action items and key takeaways from your documents with the help of Notion AI.
- Start a company Wiki to make sure important knowledge does not get lost
6 ideas for COLLABORATIONS & NETWORKING
- Structure the process of pitching and preparing for collaborations.
- Keep tabs on previous collaborations and results.
- Track potential speaking engagements and workshops.
- List previous press mentions and media coverage.
- Use the calendar view of networking events, such as conferences or meetups.
- Craft a template for follow-up emails or messages after networking events or meetings.
9 ideas for TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Build a team directory of team members' roles, contact information, and skills.
- Create a template for team member onboarding, including training materials and checklists.
- Keep tabs on the hiring process for new team members including all details like interview notes.
- Document team member feedback and performance reviews.
- Create a template for team member job descriptions and responsibilities.
- Monitor team member availability and vacation days.
- Create a team handbook or policies and procedures document.
- Set up automated templates to gather weekly updates from team.
- Keep tabs on how many hours team members are working through timesheets.
- Create a company home page to keep everyone on the same page on key events and updates.
6 ideas for PROCESSES
- Set up Notion's integrations and buttons to automate your coaching practice's workflows and processes.
- Document all your work instructions in a library of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Create a standardized SOP template, ensuring consistency and standardization across the organization.
- Embed Loom explainer videos to your SOPs.
- Document your coaching practice's policies and procedures.
- List frequently asked questions and troubleshooting tips for each SOP to ensure smooth implementation and execution.
11 ideas for CEO-LEVEL THINGS
- Build a dashboard to get an overview of your coaching business's progress and metrics.
- Keep track of expenses and income.
- Keep tabs on your goals and progress against them.
- Document your company vision, purpose, and values.
- Use gallery view for a beautiful vision board.
- Build a timeline of your coaching practice's history and milestones.
- Document your coaching practice's competitors and market research.
- Build a database of SWOT analyses and market research to inform strategic decision-making.
- Use the Kanban board view to manage strategic initiatives by stage or priority.
- Keep yourself healthy and energized by tracking your personal habits.
Learn more: Free Masterclass
Would you like to organize all your work and information in one place on Notion? I help busy coaches and consultants set up personalized management systems on Notion, so that they can grow their business without overwhelm.